- baking pan
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1.5 pounds salmon (I used a skin on side of salmon)
- 2 heaping tablespoons Dijon Mustard (I used whole grain, but smooth is fine)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried onion powder
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter (sliced)
- Prep: Heat oven to 375°F. Place one or two pieces aluminum foil on top, large enough to wrap around salmon. Spray with nonstick spray, then place salmon on top (skin side down).
- Make topping: Combine mustard, brown sugar and spices in small bowl. Spread evenly over salmon.
- Seal foil: Fold foil over and tent over salmon (do not lay flat on fish or it may stick to topping). Pinch foil together to seal.
- Bake: Bake fish for 15 minutes, or until almost done. Remove from oven, carefully open foil, making sure salmon is neatly nestled inside foil to avoid topping from running all over pan. Pour maple syrup on top and dot with butter.
- Broil: Broil fish for 2-4 minutes (watch closely so topping doesn't char!). Remove from oven and serve immediately.