This Italian Slow Cooker Sausage Pasta Sauce recipe is an easy way to get a homemade dinner on the table with little hands-on time! There’s just 10 minutes prep and the crockpot does the rest.
Tips and tricks
- You can use a 10oz bag frozen Mirepoix in place of the vegetables the recipe calls for. Defrost before adding to the slow cooker!
- Use lean ground beef or ground turkey in place of the sausages to make the sauce lighter.
- Feel free to use fire-roasted tomatoes for added flavor.
I do really enjoy this over spaghetti. But when I have a toddler… I avoid spaghetti like the plague, ha! This sauce is also super delicious with something more small child friendly, such as rigatoni or penne.
You can also use it over zucchini noodles for a lower carb meal.
If you want to freeze this sauce, I recommend using a 6-8 quart crockpot to double or triple the recipe.
After cooking, let it cool for 30 minutes before storing in freezer-friendly bags or containers. Label with the name and date and freeze for up to 3 months.
Defrost in the fridge overnight, then reheat until piping hot all the way through.
fsri id=”26366,29981,1657,1823″ fsri image_class=”feast-image-round”]
Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Pasta Sauce
- 1 lb pork sausages meat removed from the casings and roughly crumbled
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 sticks celery diced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup peas thawed from frozen
- parmesan cheese for serving
- Add all ingredients except for the peas to a slow cooker (4-5 quart works best). Stir around well and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Remove the lid and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened to your liking. Stir in the peas and serve hot over pasta topped with Parmesan cheese.