- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup oat flour OR ground grain of your choice
- 1/4 cup ground golden flax OR chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil OR butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (excess moisture squeezed out)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 360°Line two baking sheets.
- Make Cookies: Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Scoop the cookies with a cookie scoop or tablespoon, placing about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough per cookie. Slightly flatten and shape the cookies (they will not change during baking).
- Bake: Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight contianer for up to 3 days.
Step by Step Recipe Video
- if you don’t have any oat flour and don’t want to bother with making your own, you can use regular whole wheat flour instead
- instead of the zucchini, you can use grated apple or carrot. Add 1 extra tablespoon of oil if using carrots.
- try adding mini chocolate chips in place of the nuts for an extra treat!