This is my absolute go-to dinner when I have no more than 5 minutes to spend in the kitchen! Just dump the ingredients in your slow cooker, switch it on and dinner will basically cook itself.
Just imagine having a steamy bowl of comforting chicken taco soup in front of you for dinner tonight – with basically doing no work for it. Sounds like a dream? I know, but it’s REAL ❤️
🥣 How to steps
This soup is beyond easy to put together!
1 Dump errything in your crock and let it do its magic…
2 Shred the chicken and let cook a bit more…
3 Then serve with all the toppings!
And just like that, your family will be quiet around the dinner table, because they’re WAY too busy with their delicious meal. At least that’s the perfect vision, right?! 😉
📹 Full Video
📖 Printable Recipe
- 1 (16oz) can chili beans
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans (OR black beans)
- 1 (15oz) can whole kernel corn (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12oz) can chicken stock ((OR beer for more mature tastebuds))
- 1 (1.25oz) package taco seasoning
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- Toppings: sour cream, cilantro, corn chips, shredded cheddar…
- Add to slow cooker: Stir both beans, the corn, diced tomatoes, salsa, tomato sauce, chicken stock and taco seasoning together in a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Place chicken on top, pushing it under the surface to make sure it's covered.
- Slow cook: Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken: Open slow cooker, remove chicken and shred on a chopping board using two forks. Return to the soup, cover and cook on HIGH for 15 more minutes.
- Serve: Serve the soup immediately with your favorite toppings.