Sausage, Potato and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner is an easy dinner you can put together in a snap. Great for busy weeknights!
I LOVE sheet pan dinners. I mean, I have proof here on the blog:
AND THERE’S MORE.
Yep, huge loving on sheet pan dinners around here.
And this sausage, potato and vegetables sheet pan dinner is my new favorite!
It’s incredibly easy to put together and comes out so flavorful.
- it’s full of healthy vegetables
- prep time is minimal
- it’s super kid-friendly
We’ve been making it all the time lately, so I just had to share it!
My tips to make the best sheet pan dinner:
Cut the veggies evenly
By cutting the vegetables evenly, you’ll make sure they cook through in the same amount of time.
Otherwise you’ll be left with overcooked and undercooked veggies – not so nice.
If you double batch…
… for a large family or to feed a crowd, use two sheet pans.
If you pack a double batch on a. single sheet pan, it will turn into a mushy mess.
Use enough oil and seasoning
I know the sausage has some fat to it, but it’s still important you use enough oil here.
Roasting doesn’t work without oil, so make sure you use enough to coat all the vegetables.
The same goes for the seasoning – make sure you season enough, or you’ll have a bland dinner.
Can you prep this meal ahead?
This is really such an easy dinner, you just pack everything on the sheet pan and shove it into the oven to bake.
But if you don’t have time right before dinner, you can cut the veggies up to a day before and keep them in an airtight container in the fridge.
Cover them with a damp paper towel in the container so they don’t dry out!
That way you’ll just have to pour them all on the sheet pan, add the sausages, oil and seasoning and it’s ready for the oven.
What can you serve with this sheet pan dinner?
I mean, the whole point of a sheet pan dinner is to be dinner on one pan.
But if the side of potatoes isn’t enough for you (honestly, it’s never enough at our house), here are some ideas:
- no knead bread – it’s SO easy and super yummy to mop up the juices from the sheet pan dinner with
- Harvest Wild Rice Salad is a great side for any meal during fall and winter
- or just serve dessert after – Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies or quick apple crisp, anyone?
Grab the printable recipe here:
Sausage, Potato and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinnermade it? tap the stars to add your rating!
- 1 pound baby potatoes (halved)
- ½ pound green beans (trimmed)
- ½ pound carrots (peeled and cut)
- ½ pound mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 yellow pepper (cored and cut into strips)
- 1 red pepper (cored and cut into strips)
- 2 onions (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 4-6 large pork sausages (sliced)
- Oil (salt, pepper and Italian seasoning)
- Preheat the oven to 410°F. Place all ingredients on a deep-dish sheet pan. Add oil, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to taste, enough to coat all the veggies and sausages, and toss well.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until everything is cooked through and starting to brown.