Whip up this easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade as a special treat on a hot day! So quick and simple to make from scratch (no mixes!) and it tastes absolutely delicious.
Did you have homemade lemonade growing up?
We didn’t have lemonade, but we did have homemade iced tea during the summer.
I honestly didn’t even know how to make lemonade from scratch until I researched fun summer projects for the kids a couple of years ago.
And homemade lemonade has been on our must-do list for hot and lazy summer days ever since 😉
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade from Scratch:
Can you make this recipe with frozen strawberries?
Yes, you can! Both fresh and frozen work.
If using frozen, I recommend letting them sit on the counter for 10 minutes before blending. It helps to add one cup of the water to the blender if you can’t get the frozen ones blended.
Do you have to strain the lemonade?
You don’t HAVE to for this recipe to work, but the seeds are a little annoying in the drink.
I definitely prefer pouring the lemonade through a fine mesh sieve to remove any seeds before serving.
It gives the lemonade a less gritty feel and makes it look prettier and more clear.
Can you make this strawberry lemonade without sugar?
When I’m short on time (or the kiddos are impatient), I often whip up lemonade by just stirring together some clear honey, lemon juice and sparkling water.
Unfortunately I can’t give you exact amounts for this lemonade (I never measure when I use this quick-fix honey method…).
But if you want to use honey instead of sugar, I suggest you combine the blended strawberries, lemon juice and (sparkling) water. Then simply add enough clear honey to suit your taste!
Homemade Strawberry Lemonademade it? tap the stars to add your rating!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups strawberries (hulled)
- 1 cup lemon juice ((from 5-6 lemons))
- 5 cups sparkling water (or still, if you prefer)
- crushed ice
- Make sugar syrup: In a saucepan over high heat, boil one cup water and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Blend strawberries: To a blender, add strawberries and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Assemble: Carefully combine sugar mixture, the blended strawberries and sparkling water. For a smoother texture, pour through a sieve to remove strawberry seeds. Serve in glasses over crushed ice.