- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 medium zucchini (thinly sliced)
- salt & black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium-large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the zucchini and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Season with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese (if using). Serve immediately.
You can add different flavors if you like:
- chili flakes
- lemon juice and/or zest
- fresh thyme
- do not overcook this vegetable, or it will turn into mashed zucchini
- if you have some of those giant garden zucchini, you’ll want to de-seed them before slicing
- for even more flavor, you can sauté some sliced onion with the garlic. You can also add more seasoning – finely grated lemon zest, chili flakes or fresh thyme are all very delicious!
More recipe informationJoin my Newsletter to Get Recipes in Your Inbox
What do you serve with this sautéed zucchini?
We love this side dish with so many things! some of our favorites:
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs in Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken
- Lemon Garlic Grilled Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Mustard Pork Chops
- Maple Apple Pork Chops (though I make them with peaches instead of apples in the summer)