Waffled Churro French Toast Sticks
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar 75g
- 8 slices bread
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk PLUS a few tablespoons extra, 120ml
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs 70g
- Oil for the waffle iron
- 1/2 cup cream cheese 115g
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat your waffle iron on a medium-high setting. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Cut the bread into even sticks, about 1 inch wide. In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk. Soak two bread pieces (or as many as will fit into your waffle maker) in the milk mixture, then coat in breadcrumbs. Lightly grease both sides of the waffle iron and add the French toast pieces, careful to avoid them touching each other. Cook until browned and crispy but not dried out, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- When the pieces are done, immediately dredge them through the cinnamon and sugar mixture and sprinkle it all over the waffle indents as well. Set aside.
- Proceed with the remaining bread pieces the same way.
- To make the dip, mix the cream cheese with the maple syrup and enough milk to give it a creamy but not liquid consistency. Serve along with the Waffled Churro French Toast Sticks.