The only dip recipe you need for your next party! The yummy flavors of this BBQ bacon cheeseburger dip melt together in the crock pot to make a creamy, irresistible crowd pleaser!
I know I don’t usually post many appetizer or party kind of recipes.
It’s mainly because as a busy mom I don’t really throw (or attend) many parties that don’t involve ten tiny kids and lots of chocolate cake.
But sometimes even us moms need to bring something along to a get-together or host a football party, and what better to serve than a creamy, cheesy dip full of bacon? And it’s no lie that I love cheesy bacon goodness, as proven by my Mozzarella Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf!
What You Need to Make this Slow Cooker BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
A small slow cooker
Having a small slow cooker alongside your large 6 quart slow cooker really helps with making smaller-batch things like appetizers and dips!
I don’t want to cook dip for 30-40 people, that’s why I’m in love with my 4-quart crockpot (I got mine on Amazon*)!
What I really love about this recipe (and I’m sure you will as well)? The small ingredient list!
There’s just 8 ingredients, most of which don’t require any prep time. I’m using both mozzarella and cheddar for the cheeses, ahem. The mozzarella melts really nicely and makes a creamy dip. And the cheddar adds flavor!
Things to Watch Out for When Making this Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
This recipe is so easy, there’s not much that could really go wrong!
★ The creaminess of the dip
The one thing I want to talk about though is the consistent of the dip.
How chunky or creamy it is really depends on the water content of your beef and cream cheese!
If you feel that the dip is too firm after mixing all the ingredients in the skillet, feel free to add an additional packet of cream cheese.
You can also play with the amount of BBQ sauce – 1/2 cup will give you less BBQ flavor and a firmer dip while 1 cup will give you a creamier and more BBQ-y dip.
★ Making the dip in advance
This cheese dip recipe is great to make ahead, as it can easily be frozen.
Freeze it for up to a month in an air-tight container.
To re-heat, thaw in the fridge and then heat in a microwave or on in a small pot until piping hot all the way through.
Don’t re-freeze or re-heat again!
Looking for more amazing party food?
- Sticky BBQ Slow Cooker Meatballs
- Honey Lime Crispy Chicken Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Easy Stuffed Mushrooms
Here’s the Printable Slow Cooker BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Dip Recipe:
- 8 slices bacon, chopped (plus extra for garnish, if you like)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, use a sugar free one if necessary
- 1 teaspoon Italian dried herbs
- Brown the bacon in a large skillet. Remove and set aside.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned. Stir in all other ingredients and the cooked bacon. If you cooked extra bacon for garnish, refrigerate it for later.
- Transfer the mixture to a 3 1/2 - 4 quart slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until hot and bubbly.
- Stir well before serving with chips, crackers or vegetable sticks.
Nutrition (this is an estimate)
* I make a commission for purchases made through these links.