Vegan Winter Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner with Beans
In need of a simple and delicious vegan dinner recipe? Try this winter vegetable sheet pan dinner! Only one pan to wash and so full of flavour.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 4 people
- 3 onions halved and roughly cubed
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 head celery peeled and cut into 1/4 inch (1/2cm) cubes
- 4 Jerusalem artichokes roughly cut up (no need to peel - they'll melt away if you do)
- 2 medium fennel bulbs trimmed and cut into 8 wedges
- Handful thyme leaves picked
- Oil salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup white wine OR vegetable stock
- 2 cups cooked borlotti beans about 1 can
- 1 Small radicchio OR red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Handful toasted hazelnuts roughly chopped
- Fresh thyme
- Juice of 1 lemon
Prep: Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the onions, garlic, celery, Jerusalem artichokes and fennel wedges on a rimmed baking sheet. Add the thyme leaves, oil, salt and pepper and carefully toss.
Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Carefully remove the sheet from the oven and pour the wine over the vegetables. Using oven gloves, gently shake the pan to spread the wine. Return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the wine has almost completely evaporated. Remove from the oven and immediately stir in the beans.
Finish: Top with radicchio, hazelnuts, fresh thyme and lemon juice and serve either hot or warm. It's also delicious eaten at room temperature with a bit of vinegar like a salad.